Kimley-Horn Practice Builder - Environmental / Natural Resources in White Plains, New York
Ranked as one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. prides itself on hiring high-achieving, dedicated, and reliable professionals. Kimley-Horn is looking for a motivated Senior Environmental/Natural Resources Practice Builder with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our White Plains, NY office. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and create a vision for growth for an environmental practice in the NY/NJ/CT market and beyond. He/she will lead the business development effort and manage the relationship with key clients as well as be closely involved with project management. Markets are not limited by geography but driven by relationships. Leadership responsibilities include: operating with integrity and sound business principals, providing practice vision, business planning and strategy, establishing goals, building and maintaining positive client relationships, open communication with partners and team, along with growing and directing an environmental planning practice. Management responsibilities include but are not limited to; establishing and cultivating client relationships, identifying and tracking leads, making presentations, writing proposals and scopes of work, establishing budgets, ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables, and supervising the execution of work.
The successful candidate will be given a great deal of autonomy to lead, direct, and grow their business. Accounting, administrative, marketing, recruiting, IT and production support will be provided. With success, this individual will enjoy the rewards of a performance-based work environment that can advance to ownership.
• 15 or more years of experience winning and managing environmental projects in New York and a demonstrated ability to manage those projects profitably
• Client contacts and relationships with local municipalities, county, regional and state agencies
• Business development skills and the proven ability to win work
• Experience writing proposals, scopes of work, and budgets for projected work
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
• Ability to manage and mentor staff, and direct resources effectively in a positive manner
• Flexibility to travel to other offices, cities, and states for projects as needed and for extended periods of time
• Ability to cross sell multiple disciplines
• Experience with NYSEQRA environmental documentation
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer
sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Major: Environmental Engineering